Friday, August 10, 2012

Through Rose-Colored Glasses: A Gratitude List (July 2012 / Part 2 )

  • Doing what I love (Oh, the thrill of designing layouts!)
  • Ideas bursting in my head
  • Finishing a design knowing I worked hard for it
  • Only minor revisions were suggested for my packaging design and not a complete overhaul (Yaaay!)
  • Free tickets from a friend to a block screening of Ice Age 4: Continental Drift 
  • Sleeping soundly and not having to wake up to the sound of the alarm
  • Fried chicken skin
  • Helping a friend
  • Giving two friends free premiere night tickets to The Dark Knight Rises (Glad they enjoyed!)
  • People who effortlessly make me laugh
  • Getting lost in time when I have my earphones on
  • Remembering a random funny memory and it's still funny
  • Getting past a semi-hell week
  • Friends who unknowingly keep me sane
  • My mother being there, even if she's a thousand miles away
  • Waking up to a text from a college blockmate whom I have never heard from for quite a long time, asking me how I've been
  • Rose Tint filter
  • A timely homily
  • The priest getting us to sing Happy Birthday to birthday celebrants for the week. I guess that was the first time for me to sing a happy song to (a) stranger/s and it felt good.
  • The rain pouring down just when I got home (I did the grocery and had it poured earlier, it would be hard to walk with an umbrella 'cause both my hands were full.)
  • Commuting alone to a place for the first time (Believe me, it's such a feat for a person with no sense of direction!)
  • Caring for my beloved brother in the hospital (Boo, dengue fever!) We were just laughing most of the time!
  • Discovering a new old song to love
  • Sausage McMuffin and hot choco for breakfast
  • A jolly "Good Morning!" from the people in McDonald's
  • Falling asleep on my brother's bed at home, after sleeping on a hard wooden bench in a hospital for two nights in a row
  • Writing
  • How a morning suddenly becomes beautiful upon remembering someone special
  • Feeling accomplished after doing something successfully for the first time
  • My brother's girlfriend bringing in Yellowcab pizza and chicken for lunch at the same time when we were too tired and lazy to prepare food
  • A deep sleep
  • Playing Temple Run to de-stress
  • Having a few hours to kill after being so busy for weeks
  • The wind's caress
  • The current length of my hair

No comments: