(via violentwavesofemotion)"There is a bookstore near my house going out of business. Every book off the shelf is $1. Grocery sacks full of books are $10. Boxes full of books are $20. I bought half the poetry section today. I'm going back tomorrow. While I was there I couldn't help but think of you, and how we could melt together there, and the bliss we could share in the bloom of all those pages. You live on the other side of the planet. Were the Earth a sheet of paper I would fold it and bring you here."
-Anonymous, to violentwavesofemotion
via Tumblr Ask
If I were the recipient of this message, I wouldn't know what to say. I mean... wow. What is it with bookstores, and strangers connected by their love for words and different worlds, and firsthand mail so beautifully written like this one? It's so magical, I can't even.
Also, I just want to say that I like the last line very, very much. Aaaah.
No comments:
Post a Comment