It's a Saturday night as I type. I am alone in my room and just outside in the kitchen, my mom is on the phone with a friend as she usually is (with the loudspeaker on). Upstairs (where the best-est landlords you could ever meet live), there is post-birthday merriment.
Today is my third day without work. I called in sick on Thursday and Friday for feeling very sore and unwell. It must be the yoga I did on Tuesday combined with the exhaustion from work on Wednesday plus the stress and lack of shuteye on all the other days that came before that. Good thing I didn't have a shift scheduled for today. I just needed some time off. I've been thinking of and feeling so many things lately, it's overwhelming.
Yesterday, I was able to watch That Thing Called Tadhana. I liked it. It was relatable, real and there were funny lines. JM de Guzman is not usually my type, but he was adorable in the film. Whitney Houston's Where Do Broken Hearts Go has been stuck in my head and it's been a guilty pleasure playing it on loop. Also, I'm at that point in my life wherein I have the same questions as the character Mace had (guess which). As well, I feel Anthony in the latter part of the movie (but not the end, sadly or fortunately).
Earlier today, I went downtown to cease the boredom that piled up from the two consecutive days I spent stuck at home resting. Also, I was hungry and craving for a burrito. My friend Hya has other plans with her aunt so I just went by my lonesome. I was planning to go to this small whimsical shop along Water St. in Gastown to feast my eyes on some vintage dresses (for me to ponder later if they would be worth it to save for) but then went to this mall along West Georgia St. instead. I changed plans because Gastown can get scary when it's late; Bums stare at you and invade your personal space (sorry). Because it's a mall without much, I walked across to Robson Square, where they shot that Pyongyang scene in The Interview. Chinese New Year was still in the air and there were Chinese food, sheep decorations, baaah sounds booming, game booths and whatever. It was weird though because there was a Japanese fortune-telling booth, which was free and I took advantage of. You had to salute (which actually meant bowing down), clap two times, choose a category (health, career, money or romance), pick an incense stick with a number, and then look up the corresponding fortune under your chosen category.
After, I thought of going to the art gallery but they close at six. Almost everything here close early on weekends, which makes me sad really. So I decided to head home. I took the bus and lo and behold, it was the same bus I was in earlier when I headed downtown. Mr. Driver and I exchanged funny looks. Haha. Also, before getting on the bus, there was this man who smiled at me and offered me to go first. This is not uncommon in Vancouver; It is a generally friendly place hands down, but still, I can't help feeling homesick a lot.
I just realized that the cold is slowly becoming bearable. I still wear layers but I can now not wear a hoodie without getting colds. I wore my trusty flats today and I can't wait to forget about my boots and shove them in the deepest, darkest part of my closet. Aaah, I will always love that Philippine warmth (save for the peak of summer, of course). Since autumn, there isn't a day that I don't miss dressing up in a snap of a finger and not having to worry what else to pile on top.
That's it. Just a random post about my day. For a long time now, I haven't been writing (for myself) and I've missed doing that. Sometimes, I am afraid I'd get all rusty because life happened.
Now I'll drink milk, eat a small piece of chocolate cake, take my vitamins and cozy up in bed to do a little work and then maybe continue reading this Bo Sanchez book on finance (I've been reading books about finance and money lately).
By the way, I feel weird and hormonal. I foresee a bad case of menstrual cramps. I hope I am so wrong.
Also, I'd just like to say that it seems as if the Universe has been on my side lately. It's cool and weird and confusing, but I am grateful.
2 comments:
hey i had been wondering what you've been up to, didn't know you were miles away already. hope you're feeling better now, and i'm sure by now the universe has realized how it enjoys your company and as such shall stay at your side as often as possible. Take care :)
Hello Leeen! Nice to hear from you! I left only last year, still not sure if it'll be for good though. I'll figure it out eventually.
Thank you for the kind words! I hope the Universe works the same way for you too. :)
Post a Comment