Sunday, August 15, 2021

Hi, we meet again.

Hello, old blog! :) So I'm here again after so long. Years, in fact. On my profile, it says I'm 26. I am now 32, and will be a year older in three months. 

A lot has changed, and I have changed. I did a quick read of my old posts/reposts a few days ago. At times I cringed, I smiled, I agreed, I disagreed, and also I couldn't believe (Like, srsly old self? Haha!).

There's too many things to say right now. But I guess I have time to catch up with the writing. I'll probably be here often again as I go through some growing pains which I just really need to process. In the meantime, I am thinking of just listing random things that have happened in between my last post (2015) and now (2021).

Off the top of my head:

  • I am no longer stuck in a job I'm not passionate about, a far cry from my 2015 post. I do design mostly and also work on website updates. I also write sometimes, and occasionally code or take photos. On Monday, I celebrate my fifth year. 
  • I am no longer Filipino on paper, but will always be at heart. Maybe in the future, I'll apply for dual citizenship. 
  • I now live by myself, renting an old apartment built in the '60s. I like the quiet, tree-lined street it's on but our landlord does sloppy work sometimes, if he works at all (Ay, na-share!). 
  • I've grown so much spiritually. I am still learning and will forever be a work in progress (as all of us are or should be), but I do know I wouldn't want to go back to who or where I was before. I now love discussions about theology, philosophy and Christianity especially in a practical, daily-living kind of way. I have a newfound appreciation for Catholicism, for history, and for truth. It's intellectually stimulating too and sometimes I wish I knew more people whom I can chat about these things. So far, I only know four (and a half?). 
  • An ex and I have made peace a few years ago. He's my only ex, actually. Haha. It was beautiful and unexpected, and it took six years. Life is funny, I guess. For me, it was the closure to our closure, if that makes sense. I say that because it was pure and forgiving, and what it actually closes is the bitterness and the jumble of hurt and confusion of the first. I will forever be grateful for our borrowed time and the healing that came after. Things went down south, sure, but looking back after so many years, I have no doubt in my heart, as I always had back then, that I was truly loved, even at my worst.
  • Who would have thought there would be a pandemic in this lifetime? I still remember March 2020 in my side of the world. Well, it wouldn't be any different in the rest of the world, surely. I remember having to go to the grocery and everything around looked and felt like a ghost town. The world paused just like that.
  • It's only now at 32 that I finished Super Mario World 1. (Well, we've never really had that many toys when we were kids, much more fancy ones). Not really a feat as the Princess is not in that castle, but still.
  • I have two nieces now, one of whom I have yet to meet! I never knew there's this special kind of love for your siblings' kids. Haha, so yes, titang-tita talaga! 

It's midnight and my eyes are heavy. I will continue some other day. Hopefully, with something more coherent. Good night.

No comments: